Talk

Advanced search

Two old friends have ignored my posts on their wall

(10 Posts)
Bumblequeen Mon 12-Sep-11 09:36:30

I became friendly with two women at mother and baby club. We met for lunch, coffee etc. On returning to work we did not see each other often. I tried to maintain contact with one but she consistently cancelled dates so I left it.

The other woman posted she had a second baby. I sent a nice message of congratulations- she never replied!

I find it strange that they would decline from responding esp as there were no issues.

bluerodeo Mon 12-Sep-11 09:38:52

why not pick up the phone and speak to her? facebook isn't very personal and she maybe missed it in the early baby haze

pictish Mon 12-Sep-11 09:43:40

God yes....sorry if it sounds callous but i didn't give a flying toss for worrying about fb messages in the aftermath of giving birth. In fact, it must have been three months before I really got into the swing of the internet again.

ssd Mon 12-Sep-11 09:45:47

some of us dafties haven't a clue how to use facebook, I get messages and don't reply as I can't be arsed figuring out how to reply, maybe your friends are asthickas like me?

GloriaVanderbilt Mon 12-Sep-11 09:54:00

It sounds like they both have moved on and just find keeping up the friendship too hard - not because you're an awful person but they're just really busy and have a lot of demands on their time.

When did you add them/they add you on FB?

TBH I'd ditch them on there for a start because it's just rude not to answer messages.

Move on, because they have...and don't worry about it, you did nothing wrong and the fact they still had you on their friends list means they DO like you, but perhaps just don't get on there much or have much time to answer people. Probably they don't answer anyone actually...not just you.

If they didn't give a stuff about your feelings they would have culled you already. But they haven't. So they like you but are busy.

Bramshott Mon 12-Sep-11 09:57:59

Oh blimey - I must be very lax on Facebook etiquette then, because it wouldn't occur to me that if someone posted on my wall (as opposed to sent me a personal message) that that was something that needed replying to! If you respond to every time someone posts something surely your wall gets terribly crowded?!

Bumblequeen Mon 12-Sep-11 09:58:02

She did not miss my post as she had many wall conversations with other friends about her new arrival - they all appeared on my Newsfeed. She chose to ignore my post. This was well over 6 months ago.

I just found it strange as there was no animosity between us. I was just sending a friendly message but perhaps she thought I was trying to reconnect and decided to block me.

T he other woman ignored several of my posts regarding meeting up and I then read several of her posts to other friends requesting to meet up with them. Obviously it was a snub.

GloriaVanderbilt Mon 12-Sep-11 10:04:09

Well if they've no time for you then take the hint, and delete your friendhsip on FB.

I don't know why they did it but it may well not have been intentional.

Either way these people don't deserve to be in your life.

Tota1Xaos Mon 12-Sep-11 10:12:57

IME some of these mother/baby friendships are quite shallow, more friendships of convenience. Agree with Gloria, move on, there must be far nicer people on your facebook to give attention to!

Bumblequeen Mon 12-Sep-11 10:20:21

Point taken. I will delete them as I found it rude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now