Talk

Advanced search

How do I remove all the imported Blackberry phone numbers from FB?

(4 Posts)
Meglet Thu 11-Aug-11 20:12:41

So I've seen the status warning message going around and yes, all the phone numbers from my phone are now on FB shock angry.

The FB instructions to remove them only give instructions for an iphone and go on about un-syncing the device confused. I've logged out of the FB app on my Blackberry but it still won't remove the imported contacts, the page just freezes. There is a message saying it may take a few minutes but it's been there for over 10 mins.

help!

thisisyesterday Thu 11-Aug-11 20:15:56

are you sure that it has taken them all from your phone and that your friends haven't just added their own numbers?

I saw this earlier and checked. I use facebook from my phone regularly and this has not happened to me, i only have a handful of friens with phone numbers listed, despite having many more in my phone that it could technically have transported.

if it HAS synced with your phone you need to go into the FB app on your phone and find the settings and un-sync it from there as far as I can tell...

Meglet Thu 11-Aug-11 20:37:00

It had a long list of;

Andy, plumber.
Bank
Car dealers - servicing
Mum
Uncle John
Work

etc......etc, all my stuff.

I think it's finally zapped them now. I had to log out of my BB FB app and now those numbers don't show on my laptop FB. I hope they don't reappear when I use the phone app again.

thisisyesterday Thu 11-Aug-11 20:48:55

ahhh ok.

although, you know only you can see it? it's just transferring your numbers to there like a back-up... it isn't going to publish them or anything (as far as I know lol)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now