Talk

Advanced search

Have I been blocked?

(10 Posts)
Flossie69 Sat 02-Jul-11 15:43:28

Please could you give me some insight on this issue:- I can't find a certain person on facebook anymore - when I type their name on search, it doesn't come up. When I look at the friends list of people I know they are friends with, it doesn't come up. Does this mean they have blocked me?

Thanks

usualsuspect Sat 02-Jul-11 15:44:22

yes it does , or maybe they have just got rid of their fb account

Flossie69 Sat 02-Jul-11 15:46:03

No, they definitely haven't got rid of their account. Now I just need to find out why I have been blocked by this person.

Bellie Sat 02-Jul-11 15:46:18

sounds more like they have ditched their facebook account.

overthemill Sat 02-Jul-11 15:47:29

interesting, this happened to me and my daughter. we both were friends and now neither can see each other. but all other relatives can see us. curious!

Flossie69 Sat 02-Jul-11 15:51:19

This person has never accepted me as a friend, but I did like to have a look at their profile now again, just to keep myself informed....

onadifferentplanettoday Sat 02-Jul-11 15:55:17

if she wasn't on your friends list it could just be that she has changed her privacy setting so she can't be found in searches

Flossie69 Sat 02-Jul-11 16:02:16

Does that mean you don't see them on other people's friends lists?

CocktailMumma Thu 18-Aug-11 09:49:18

If you know they are deffo still on FB then it sounds as if you have been blocked.

I have 2 FB friends lets call them Doris and Mildred. They were friends on Fb and in real life but fell out. Doris blocked Mildred on FB. Mildred laughs at some of my posts on my wall that Doris has responded to, not because she can see what Doris has written but because it is obvious from the conversation on FB that certain posts are missing (because Doris has blocked Mildred, Mildred cannot see anything Doris writes on FB including a mutual friends wall). Mildred has guessed it must be Doris's posts she cannot see.

You may be able to tell if you have been blocked if some of the wall coversations you think this 3rd person may get involved in with a mutual friend seems a bit gappy iykwim.

Hope I have explained that OK!

littlemisssarcastic Sun 04-Sep-11 11:44:46

I was blocked by someone a long time ago.

1st: Can anyone else see their profile?
2nd: Do you have a mutual friend? If you do, and you really really want to know...you can go to mutual friend's profile, check how many mutual friends they have eg:50, then scroll through their friends list and count how many you can see. If you can only see 49, you have been blocked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now