Talk

Advanced search

Would you send a friend's request to a nephew?

(8 Posts)
bright1 Wed 29-Jun-11 17:10:39

I am friends with a couple of my nephews on facebook. I have also sent a request to another which has been ignored. Have I made a faux pas sending it? I guess its because I am friends on facebook with his mum.

BuggerAllTheBestNamesAreTaken Wed 29-Jun-11 17:11:57

I'm friends with my nephews and nieces, maybe he has something to hide!

PandaG Wed 29-Jun-11 17:12:02

no. I don't ask any teens to be my FB friends, but accept if they friend me.

TickleToe Wed 29-Jun-11 17:13:40

He probably just doesn't want you seeing all his pics etc.... how old is he? I have a teen family member who had me on facebook and I could see all her pics (drinking at parties etc), not anything I'd think of as overly concerning but she has recently deleted me! I didn't take too much offence. I think very often they just want privacy. Can be concerning though if you think they have something to hide. I have my 12 year old on there as a friend and some of her friends have two accounts- one to include family etc and one just for friends. Now that is worrying at 12!!!

bright1 Wed 29-Jun-11 17:26:48

In early twenties.

TickleToe Wed 29-Jun-11 17:37:49

So he's an adult and can decide I suppose. Not very nice of him though! If he doesn't even have his mum as a friend then he obviously has aspects of his life he doesn't want her / you to see!

pointydog Wed 29-Jun-11 17:58:26

My young-adult nephew requested to be friends with me and I'd rather he hadn't. I don't want to know some of the things a young man, related to me, gets up to.

He probably doesn't want you to be in on his tawdry life either wink

Awomancalledhorse Wed 29-Jun-11 18:02:22

My DH has refused to 'friend' his dad. I haven't 'friended' any of my family, only friended DH so we could be fb 'married'.

A bit too 'Stan, poke your grandma!' for my liking grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now