Talk

Advanced search

If I join a FB group can the people in that group then view my profile?

(5 Posts)
FerminaUrbinoDaza Wed 17-Nov-10 16:42:00

I went to a new playgroup this morning, play groups are a rare and precious thing where I am and as such they have a FB group. I'd kind of like to join the FB group to keep up to date with the extra activities they plan etc and maybe make making new friends there a bit easier.

The thing is, I'm not really happy with all and sundry seeing my profile. It's not that I've got anything secret / shocking on on my profile, I'm just quite a private person. ATM I'm only 'friends' with people I'm actually friends with IYSWIM. I'm not a member of any other groups.

So, how does it all work?

rivi Wed 17-Nov-10 23:45:42

I wonder too.

DancingThroughLife Wed 17-Nov-10 23:52:17

If your privacy settings are set so that only your friends can see your profile, then people who are in the group can't see it unless you're friends with them.

They can't see it just because you have a group in common.

FerminaUrbinoDaza Thu 18-Nov-10 12:50:03

Ah, OK, thanks. But then I suppose not accepting (potential) friend requests would be a bit of a snub. Mmmm.

Sarsaparilllla Mon 22-Nov-10 14:59:44

You could set up a limited profile for people who you don't want to see your whole page, I have one set up for family & work friends

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now