Talk

Advanced search

Do people see if I have clicked on their name in a search?

(4 Posts)
SiriusStar Thu 04-Nov-10 14:07:29

Using made up names as I have tried this using the word friend and it got too compicated.

If I click on Barbara's friend list and then see Neil (whom I know of) and then click on his name and then see Ken on Neil's list and click on Ken's name, will Neil or Ken have me as a friend suggestion?

I really suspect this happens which is annoying as sometimes I want to search for people with common names via people I know but don't want to be friends with who have unusual names.

coatgate Thu 04-Nov-10 14:09:14

Don't know but I very much hope not... I am always clicking through people's friends lists, a bit like going down through the circles of hell into my past............

SiriusStar Thu 04-Nov-10 21:56:23

I have spotted a friend's dh on my suggested list. She is not on facebook but he is. I was wondering if she had looked me up through his profile.
It may be coincidence but a school friend has requested fb friendship and I was passing through her page the other day.

Sarsaparilllla Mon 22-Nov-10 15:01:27

No, you get a friend suggestion because you have friends in common, not because you clicked on their name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now