Talk

Advanced search

How do i delete 'friends'? (FB Obv)

(8 Posts)
TheDoodler Mon 26-Jul-10 11:31:39

Hi, I don't like to think i'm technically illiterate but i just cannot see how to go about doing a friend cull on Facebook. I can understand them not wanting to make it obvious hmm

Help!

bigstripeytiger Mon 26-Jul-10 11:32:55

If you go to the persons profile page, and scroll down on the left hand side of the page you will see the option to 'remove from friends'.

TheDoodler Mon 26-Jul-10 11:33:06

I did do a search on here but can't see it anywhere so apologies if i'm repeating stuff.

TheDoodler Mon 26-Jul-10 11:33:41

oh i never thought of that. Thankyou tiger smile

lucykate Mon 26-Jul-10 11:34:18

go to account, click edit friends, then list friends, and there's a cross next to names, just click that and it unfriends people. if you block them too, they can no longer even find you so may just assume you've left facebook rather than unfriended them

ProfessorLaytonIsMyLoveSlave Mon 26-Jul-10 12:07:40

Go to their profile page. Scroll right down to the bottom and on the left hand side there are links for "Report/Block this person" and "Remove from Friends".

If you just want to defriend someone then click on the "Remove from Friends" link -- you'll be asked to confirm.

If you want to block someone (this stops them being able to find you on a search or send you a new friend request) then click on the "Report/Block this person" link, then check the "Block this person" box and click "Submit."

(You can also block someone directly by clicking on the "Report" link next to a message from them in your Inbox or by going to http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&section=block, entering their name or email address in the appropriate field and clicking "Block")

TheDoodler Mon 26-Jul-10 12:14:27

Thankyou all! I just want to defriend not block really. Mostly loads of folks i knew from school but weren't really friends with - and they post ALOT! I think i went a bit mad when i first signed up...

Kendodd Sat 20-Nov-10 19:25:17

If I defriend people what happens? Do they get a message that I have defriended them or do I just disappear from their list?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: