Talk

Advanced search

Gymnastics/Trampolining

(12 Posts)
Iklboo Mon 02-Nov-09 14:09:29

DS is nearly 4 and loves doing forward rolls, jumping, balancing etc. When gymnastics was on TV the other week he said 'I'd like to do that mummy it looks fun'
We've found a local club that does tiny tots gymnastics & trampolining we could take him to.
Does anyone else's DS do gymnastics/trampolining

FiveGoMadonTheDanceFloor Mon 02-Nov-09 14:10:26

If it is any help, but DD's tramploning group are mainly boys.

TartanKnickers Mon 02-Nov-09 14:18:26

My nearly 8 year old DS does gymnastics and loves it.

Poledra Mon 02-Nov-09 14:20:57

5-yo DD1 does gymnastics and there are more boys than girls in her class. One of her friends has joined after he heard DD1 talking about her class, and I think he could be very good, which DD1 might find hard to accept grin

MrsBadger Mon 02-Nov-09 14:24:11

we went to scope out a pre-school gym class for knackeringly active extremely energetic dd and I'd say about 70% were boys

Iklboo Mon 02-Nov-09 14:25:05

I think DS would really enjoy it. He does swimming on a Saturday morning so gymnastics on a weekday after school might be ideal for him. If he doesn't take to it that'll be fine though smile

Hulababy Mon 02-Nov-09 14:28:11

My DD did trampolining for a while when she was 5 or 6. It was pretty evenly mixed boys/girls.

Do bear in mind however how much trampolining they actually do compared to how much time they spend standing round the side whilst others bounce.

I would go and watch a session first and see what it is like.

We stopped DD;s class in the end as in a 60 minute class she got less than 10 minutes on the trampoline.

cece Mon 02-Nov-09 14:32:08

My DS1 does gymnastics.
At his age it is about 50-50 girls-boys. He is in the 5-6 class.
DD's age however is mainly girls, she is 8. Although I think they may do the older boys on a different day...

The one advantage is if they go onto to do competitions. There are less boys in each age group, so it is easier to get a medal smile

Iklboo Mon 02-Nov-09 14:33:30

Good idea - but I'm now thinking more of gymnastics as he's quite small for his age (I'm a short arse and did not get on with trampolining at school)

RosemaryBingle Mon 02-Nov-09 14:40:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bruffin Mon 02-Nov-09 14:41:15

DS 14 did gymnastics for a couple of terms but he really isn't a gymnastgrin

He has also done tampolining on an off since he was 5 and really enjoys it. He did a few badges but again is not a natural. He does it at school now and has started going to the school club.
Unfortunately he managed to land on his face twice last week and chipped a tooth.

Iklboo Mon 02-Nov-09 15:31:37

Right - I'll get ringing round grin - thank you ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now