Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how to get enough calories into v sporty 11 year old?

(4 Posts)
mimsum Sat 03-Jan-09 22:38:33

ds1 is 11 and seriously into swimming - he does 5 club sessions and 2 school sessions a week plus galas quite a few weekends - he also does quite a bit of cycling and running (has done a couple of triathlons and would like to do more) plus he has school sport (currently hockey and PE) on top of that

I don't think he's eating anywhere near enough to cope with all this activity (not much more and quite often less than 6 year old dd) but he doesn't seem to have a very big appetite -he's also gone for 'healthy eating' in a fairly obsessive way so eats lots of salad and fruit but not many calories

those of you with very sporty boys, how do you get enough food into them?

hohohoIdolikeTurkey Sat 03-Jan-09 22:40:22

Ice cream
Pancakes
chocolate
peanut butter?

lljkk Sat 03-Jan-09 22:43:06

If he has enough energy for all that then he must be eating enough, I imagine. I think it's bad idea to declare what he "should" be eating on the basis of comparison with another child, rather than just looking at him by himself.

You do need protein to build muscle, to perhaps concentrate on making sure he has enough of that in his diet.

Look up Lance Armstrong's diet regime, that was very healthy and very finely tuned.

NotanOtter Sat 03-Jan-09 22:43:43

lots of breakfast cereal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now