Talk

Advanced search

cub/ scout/ brownie /school camp costs

(7 Posts)
UniS Mon 20-Oct-08 20:05:48

Roughly how much are you expected to shell out for a kid to go on a residential trip with full catering sleeping in tents.For a weekend?

How much for an "activity" weekend.

MadBadandWieldingAnAxe Mon 20-Oct-08 23:57:58

For Brownie holiday - Friday evening to Sunday mid-afternoon, three cooked meals and two snacks a day, staying in a house - we charge about £25. That also covers vast quantities of Baker Rose craft materials, but not transport there and back (coach costs are prohibitive, so we arrange lift shares).

HTH.

Sparks Wed 22-Oct-08 12:22:05

My dd is in the Woodcraft Folk. We are paying £35 for a weekend away, including transport.

n5rje Wed 22-Oct-08 13:55:48

DS1 went on a 3 night cub camp which included a day trip, all food and tents and I think it was £40. No transport to get to the camp needed as its pretty local - I thought it was excellent value.

KazzaL Wed 22-Oct-08 14:02:59

We're taking our brownies & guides away for an indoor for halloween weekend - we're charging £36 friday lunchtime till sunday teatime. All food, crafts etc included, but not transport as it's only 10 miles away.

Summer camp for a full week for our guides is normally in the region of £100 which includes minibus travel to & from the venue. We don't camp for less than a full week as it's too much agro to move all the equipment!!

pookamoo Wed 22-Oct-08 22:11:21

Don't forget all the costs go on the event as the leaders time is given voluntarily (apart from maybe the school camps!). This includes all the planning, preparation and everything afterwards.

How much are you being charged?

UniS Sat 25-Oct-08 22:46:26

Thus far I'm not being charged- its looking like I will be one of the ones setting the charge! rather worrying me as we have costs of 35 for catering per person, plus want to provide good range of activities, and HAVE to provide first aid and insurance etc. its a sports club training weekend, rather than cubs/ scouts, but for same age group. 1st time we have taken on something this big.
Thank you for your contributions all, its been an eye opener as my son is too young for residential trips yet and its been years since I was involved in guides.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now