Talk

Advanced search

Abrsm practical turnaround time

(9 Posts)
Boulardii Sat 16-Feb-19 23:11:11

Can anyone tell me any recent experience on how fast Abrsm are turning round practical results from special sessions ( ie: invited in to do a series of exams rather than in a public access place)

I know from prior experience that 3 weeks is likely.
I just want someone to tell me it’s sometimes quicker than that as it’s tough waiting!

I guess it will all be forgotten about quite quickly during the fun of half term, and then it will come as a surprise some time in March.

Any recent experience would be most welcome!
flowers

Boyskeepswinging Sun 17-Feb-19 17:52:06

I think we got ours after about a couple of weeks last time (December 2018). That was a special visit.

It's all so much faster than when I did my grades ... you had to wait months for AB results then! I did Trinity on my other instrument and you got results the same day!

billybagpuss Sun 17-Feb-19 17:56:07

The last couple of sessions they seem to have been taking longer (not special visit) average seems to be about 3 weeks now.

Boulardii Sun 17-Feb-19 20:47:31

Hi,
Thanks both for your replies.

Well I guess it’s probably going to be 3 weeks, which I think is what they say on the website, so definitely time to forget all about it and move onto the next thing.

It was nice of you both to post flowers

Boyskeepswinging Sun 17-Feb-19 22:16:24

No worries and I hope you get the result you're hoping for smile

Boulardii Mon 18-Feb-19 12:35:43

Thanks boys;
To be honest the process of preparing for it, getting the pieces polished and working through the scales is the result I wanted!

It’s been great to see the hard work that has gone into it, and pushing past the times when it’s got tedious. I feel very lucky that it’s been a good experience, as I know that it can kill the joy for some.

(However I’m sure the young people would always want to get a high mark!)

Noteventhebestdrummer Mon 18-Feb-19 17:25:32

9 days recently, exams on a Sat, results on a Mon

Boulardii Mon 18-Feb-19 20:49:28

Wow, not even, that is quick.flowers

Boulardii Mon 11-Mar-19 19:28:29

It was 18 days, in case anyone else wonders!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »