Talk

Advanced search

Ballet Mums - help please

(12 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Mon 11-Feb-19 16:10:06

My DD is a jazz contemporary/musical theatre girl. She is going on an audition prep course next Monday and the equipment list has arrived 5 mins ago! She needs ballet shoes, I am working all this week and weekend so we are going to have to do this on line.
She is 7/7.5 adult shoes size and her feet are wide. Do ballet shoes come up small? How do they fit wide feet? Any suggestions for brands?
The list also says ballet leotard I am guessing I stick safe with black in a vocational style.
All the other stuff like prepared monologue, song and full jazz kit is organised I just wasn't expecting to need ballet stuff for this.
Thank you very much.

HarryPlotter Mon 11-Feb-19 16:13:23

My DD is a similar floor size and wears size 8 So Danca split sole.

I would also have guessed you will be safest with a black leotard.

HarryPlotter Mon 11-Feb-19 16:13:39

Foot size!

evilharpy Mon 11-Feb-19 16:16:13

My 4yo and I both attend ballet classes (separately!) and we both ordered our shoes from 209 Theatrical Pink Arise Leather Ballet 7L C Fitting ink{https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071GRC552/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_g9zyCbKK8RN8A?tag=mumsnetforum-21www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071GRC552/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_g9zyCbKK8RN8A?tag=mumsnetforum-21 this amazon seller}. They’re quite true to size despite a few reviews to the contrary; I wear a 6.5 or 7 and needed a 7 in these.

evilharpy Mon 11-Feb-19 16:20:16

Sorry for link fail, I was being climbed on.

shiningstar2 Mon 11-Feb-19 16:33:33

Do ballet shoes come in half sizes?

LIZS Mon 11-Feb-19 16:38:02

Yes they do , and different widths. Brands vary in fit too. Try dancedirect I think they give a size guide in case you need to go up a size or two to fit.

shiningstar2 Mon 11-Feb-19 16:51:52

Thanks LIZS.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 11-Feb-19 17:21:06

@HarryPlotter I have gone with your suggestion as your daughter seems to have similar feet. They should be here on Wednesday to still time to order something else if they are wrong.
Thank you very much everyone.

I think at some point she will need a better kit bag to help swift changes.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 11-Feb-19 17:23:12

Thank you @LIZS I was trying to steer clear of dance direct as I have been burned before by then appearing to have something in stock, but actually they don't. Even on the phone they string you along.
I found the recommended ballet shoes at move dance wear so have ordered the leotard etc from them too.

nonicknameseemsavailable Mon 11-Feb-19 20:31:56

typical - the first dance related thread for a while and I miss it because I was doing the dancing run!!!

Comefromaway Tue 12-Feb-19 10:27:17

We've always found that ballet shoes come up small - Never been sucessful online I'm afraid. She has very small, wide feet. I don't know what brand she wears, tyhink she's had Bloch in the past.

Black leotard should be fairly safe. Dd always likes to wear a coloured one because she has to wear black for school/college. A lot of girls on the courses she's been on like to wear wrap skirts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: