Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have advice about theatre and drama summer programmes ?

(14 Posts)
claraschu Sat 10-Feb-18 18:30:19

My 16 year old daughter loves acting, and I was wondering if anyone knew about the RADA summer courses, or any other summer courses. I think she would like something quite serious and focused...
She didn't get in to the NYT summer course last year, and is trying again, but it seems like a very long shot.
We would be very very grateful for any ideas! Thanks-

errorofjudgement Sun 11-Feb-18 08:50:16

We’ve been looking at these with my DD. Those we’ve found are very expensive, particularly if you don’t live within commuting distance of London and need to find and add in the cost for overnight accommodation.

claraschu Sun 11-Feb-18 09:11:48

Thanks for writing! Have you found any other courses you are interested in?

errorofjudgement Sun 11-Feb-18 09:21:24

Yes I’ve found a few. I will list them later - when I’m on my laptop! grin

claraschu Sun 11-Feb-18 09:42:36

Thanks!

dodobookends Sun 11-Feb-18 12:04:47

There's a summer acting course at Tring Park School for Performing Arts.

errorofjudgement Sun 11-Feb-18 13:34:31

I've sent you a PM

errorofjudgement Sun 11-Feb-18 17:11:14

It’s also worth checking out local AmDram and Stagecoach. Often they have a summer course that’s open to non members (though by us it’s usually a musical theatre piece) !

claraschu Sun 11-Feb-18 21:17:16

Thanks everyone! Has anyone (or anyone's child) actually taken the expensive RADA courses? They look really tempting, though prohibitively pricey...

Dancergirl Wed 28-Feb-18 17:50:23

Watching with interest, my 15 year old dd is keen on drama too.

error would you mind posting on the courses you've found?

How old do you have to be for RADA?

Last year my dd did a week's course at Arts Ed in Chiswick. She's also done a residential course at Tring Park in a previous year.

errorofjudgement Wed 28-Feb-18 18:29:24

Hi Dancergirl, my DD will be 17 in the summer so I’ve focused on those for an older age group.
Will pm you my list but it may not be too useful

errorofjudgement Wed 28-Feb-18 19:01:38

Dancergirl - sent

GU24Mum Thu 08-Mar-18 15:00:20

Guildford School of Acting (part of Surrey Uni) does holiday courses too if that's any use?

corythatwas Fri 06-Apr-18 03:00:31

dd did the 2 week course at Central and found it very helpful

yes, it was expensive, but we thought of it as part of her education, it was something that really mattered to her, and most of the Am-dram/youth theatre stuff she did was really cheap

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: