Talk

Advanced search

Chelsea and Westminster Swim club or Brompton

(9 Posts)
HafenmelLondon1980 Tue 16-Jan-18 01:51:23

Wondered if anyone has experience or child/children at Brompton Swim club? Have 2 DC in CWSC but a lot is changing and there seems to be some disorganisation or issues with the staff(constant rotation and many old faces leaving and new arrivals). I have also heard a few complaints from some of the parents. Third child has now been offered a place in both CWSC and Brompton. Not sure which to decide on. Location isn't a problem. I am more concerned with the quality of training itself and long term performance.

ohamIreally Tue 16-Jan-18 02:00:56

How awful for you.

HafenmelLondon1980 Tue 16-Jan-18 07:25:08

@Ohamireally very awful indeed. Tough decisions ahead... what can I say, some of these things one might consider petty matter to me. Shocking ha?

NewLondonMom1 Tue 23-Jan-18 15:59:23

HafenmelLondon1980 - We are in the same place. Trying to decide between the two clubs. Do you want to jump on a quick call and share what we know so far?

Isthisonealsotaken Fri 04-Jan-19 15:59:16

Really struggling with CWSC. A lot of disorganization and passing the buck. Trying to hang in there but with other parents dropping out I'm also interested in finding alternatives for some fun competitive swimming.

Athenarocks Thu 14-Feb-19 15:55:00

If I was you I would go to Brompton Bees. CWSC has gone down hill..some of the great coaches have been forced to leave. It's not a pleasant atmosphere. Teaching standard has lowered. It used to be quite hard to get into and a very high quality performance. But now anyone can. It's just like normal centre swim lessons and money!

BM68 Fri 15-Feb-19 15:55:31

Apparently CW is now being run specifically around the chair’s kid. New head coach recruited when their last program was closed down. Very autocratic. No camaraderie, no volunteers. Long standing coaches had enough of the ruination of the club. Younger swimmers paying through the nose for substandard lessons to financially support the handful of swimmers at the top. Coaches and swimmers have already moved to Brompton and other surrounding clubs. I’d suggest you look around.

BM68 Sat 16-Feb-19 13:48:45

Edit. The new CW head coach had her last program cut hence needing a new job. CW didn’t have their program closed.

Athenarocks Fri 22-Feb-19 12:50:34

I've heard even more reports lately. Old very knowledgeable friendly coaches leaving. New coaches coming in. Inconsistent and not approachable or as good. A Lot of family grumbling about standards and fees. And about chairman, basically controls the club. Although they are a volunteer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: