Talk

Advanced search

Ibstock Master Dance programme - anyone know anything about it?

(8 Posts)
FlumePlume Sat 06-Jan-18 13:40:49

My daughter's ballet teacher has suggested she audition for a gifted and talented ballet / dance programme, based at Ibstock Place House School. I've done some googling, but can't seem to find anything about it. So I wondered if anyone here had children involved and could tell me a bit about it?

dodobookends Sat 06-Jan-18 20:47:34

Is this to obtain a dance scholarship place at the academic school?

FlumePlume Sat 06-Jan-18 21:43:49

dodo No - it's a Saturday thing that takes place at the school, but isn't (as far as I know) linked to the school itself.

dodobookends Sun 07-Jan-18 00:41:22

No sorry, I know of quite a few associate programmes but not that one.. How old is your dd?

Perhaps her dance teacher might know more about it.

AlexanderHamilton Sun 07-Jan-18 00:51:17

The school have got Mary Goodhew listed as in charge of dance there. If she's got anything to do with this programme grab the opportunity!!!!!'n

FlumePlume Sun 07-Jan-18 10:44:49

dodo She's 10.

Alexander That's good to hear, thanks!

dodobookends Sun 07-Jan-18 11:28:04

Yes, having done a bit of Googling, I agree with Alexander

Coffee74 Sat 10-Feb-18 21:04:18

Hi,
Yes, it's run by Mary Goodhew and is a fairly new associate programme, so may not be 'out there' yet. It's very good, as one might expect from someone like Mary and I would definitely recommend it! My dd has been doing it from the start and really enjoys it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: