Talk

Advanced search

Beaver Badges!

(5 Posts)
cakesandphotos Wed 06-Dec-17 13:47:30

I’m a Nanny and the little boy I look after has his beavers jumper. I’ve been asked to sew on his promise badge and a Christmas looking one with a penguin. I’ve looked on the beavers website and I can’t for the life of me work out where to sew the things! I don’t want to mess it up, he’s very pleased with his new uniform!

GreenBook Wed 06-Dec-17 21:21:57

You need this.

WidowTwonky Wed 06-Dec-17 22:29:00

Not sure about the promise badge as I think that may be new, but the Christmas badge would just go on his camp blanket or similar. Not his uniform

budgiegirl Thu 07-Dec-17 07:51:46

I’m a cub leader, so not sure about Beaver badges, but I believe the promise badge is quite old (3 years or so?) and isn’t used anymore. Could it have come from an older sibling? They used to be placed on the right side of the chest, but have been replaced by red, hexagonal badges.

The Christmas badge, strictly speaking, isn’t a uniform badge, but we allow our group to wear it as an occasional badge , above the world badge (purple Fleur de lis) on left chest.

cakesandphotos Thu 07-Dec-17 09:30:28

Thanks guys. Apparently the promise badge is old but they’re still using up old stock so I’ve sewed it where the red one would go and the penguin one on the bottom, above the hem. I think I’ve earned my own badge now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: