Talk

Advanced search

Keyboard help

(4 Posts)
Toomanycats99 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:32:38

My dd (6) makes a beeline for keyboards and pianos whenever she sees them so I am thinking of getting her a second hand keyboard for Xmas. I am looking to get a proper one as although I won’t start her in formal lessons yet my sister used to play and so she can have a bit of guidance. I want to have the option to do proper lessons in a year or so if she still enjoys it whereas if I get a kids toy one I won’t. I have seen Yamaha Ez series with keys that light up to follow the music (but I don’t know if that’s a gimmick or is useful) they seem to be £50-£100 second hand.

Any advice - is there a better one to look out for / anything to be wary of when buying?

Mistigri Wed 08-Nov-17 10:35:42

Unless she definitely wants to learn keyboard rather than piano I'd consider buying a secondhand digital piano.

Toomanycats99 Thu 09-Nov-17 13:20:55

Unfortunately there is no room in this house for that - a keyboard can be tucked away!

Mistigri Thu 09-Nov-17 16:42:22

So can a piano if it's digital, ours sits on legs that fold down.

It's longer than a keyboard but DS still manages to fit it into a (tiny) bedroom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now