Talk

Advanced search

Best website for buying downloadable sheet music?

(11 Posts)
AliceLutherNeeMorgan Sat 04-Nov-17 08:36:15

I need to get hold of some piano sheet music this weekend - will do a ring around of local places once they're open but am not hopeful, and it's not on Amazon Prime either. Can anyone recommend any websites where I can pay to download? A quick google shows me it's not straightforward! Thanks

friskybivalves Sat 04-Nov-17 08:39:46

Hello there - sheetmusic.com is I think one of the more reliable ones. A lot depends on how recently the music was composed and how tightly the rights are held. Over 100 years makes it out of copyright.

AliceLutherNeeMorgan Sat 04-Nov-17 08:44:14

Ah thanks - no it's one of the ABRSM C list pieces (not in the main book) so very much in copyright; looks like it's only in hard copy there and for dispatch in 2 weeks!

BarchesterFlowers Sat 04-Nov-17 08:47:50

Have you looked here?

The last time I bought downloadable music it was from music room, I have also bought from Boosey and Hawke. Possibly sheet music.com but I don’t remember tbh as I tend to buy it in paper form.

BarchesterFlowers Sat 04-Nov-17 08:48:11

Oops slow typing.

catkind Sat 04-Nov-17 08:53:03

Could you find someone to borrow it from? Another student or DC's teacher?

ZenNudist Sat 04-Nov-17 08:54:13

Abrsm might be in copyright but if you know the piece you might be able to get it free or cheaply. Try 8notes.

I spent last night looking for free sheet music as i came away to visit family without music books and i want ds and i to practice whilst we are away. Took a bit of googling but i got it all.

catkind Sat 04-Nov-17 08:54:58

But yes I have been able to buy in copyright music from different publishers from sheetmusic.com. who's the publisher?

BarchesterFlowers Sat 04-Nov-17 09:12:00

I would only buy the exact specification on the ABRSM syllabus as these things can be amended to suit the grade and might not be in their exact original form.

friskybivalves Sat 04-Nov-17 09:56:33

Whereabouts do you live? Most good local music shops with a decent stock will try to keep Grade pieces. When you say you need it this weekend - how urgent is it? I am passing a good music shop later and could put it in the post if they have it in stock. But would not get to you until Monday!

AliceLutherNeeMorgan Sat 04-Nov-17 10:13:56

Oh thank you all - I'll keep trying these options and see where I get to. I take the point about specific versions - although I think it's written for piano and in a specific album anyway (it's G4 piano The Penguin from Talent Night at the Zoo by R Lane)

Thank you frisky it's not life-or-death urgent so on ringing around I'll see if I can just pay for overnight/next day delivery or something. The problem is fitting in the practice at the moment around school exams and other instruments; it's not actually for a performance (there has been a right melodrama about it though!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now