Talk

Advanced search

What grade piano to play this?

(5 Posts)
MagnifyingGlassSearch Wed 25-Oct-17 17:13:13

What grade piano do you think you need to be to play this?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1406MAJ8B8&list=PLmfWb6DiofptsDbH_teyuW0HVoGuajJKi&index=7

uberalice Wed 25-Oct-17 17:17:46

I'm not sure it could be easily be graded as it sounds to me like it was recorded on two pianos, four hands.

MagnifyingGlassSearch Wed 25-Oct-17 18:07:51

uberalice no it's not on 2 pianos, it's definitely just one person

Mistigri Fri 27-Oct-17 05:15:03

There's a link to the sheet music under the first video.

It doesn't look easy - lots of big leaps in the left hand, a lot of octave sequences, and some fast passages in the right hand. But it is rhythmically simple and in an "easy" key, so there are no particular difficulties in reading the sheet music. At a guess I would think a grade 6/7 pianist with big enough hands could have a go at it.

You can get the first page of the sheet music for free so just have a go. It looks easy to read, much harder to play accurately at speed.

Florence16 Fri 27-Oct-17 05:35:17

Possibly even grade 5. The bulk of it is very simple and it’s in G major making it quite a ‘nice’ piece. The fancy parts have been put in purely to make it sound more complex but even they aren’t that hard and you’ve usually developed some of those skills by grade 5.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: