Talk

Advanced search

Any keyboard shop around north /east London

(2 Posts)
Tubelight2016 Fri 20-Oct-17 18:55:15

Hi, my dc has started piano lessons and enjoying it much. We were advised to buy touch response 66 key keyboard. I was wounding if anyone can recommend a keyboard shop around north/ east London . Thanks

Ferguson2 Sun 29-Oct-17 20:01:16

The Yamaha main London store is in Wardour Street, very near Oxford Circus station, and on Oxford Street bus routes.

I don't quite know what you mean by '66 key keyboard'? The normal number of keys is 61, or 76, or 88 for a full-size piano.

Probably your best bet would be the Piaggero NP-32, which has 76 Keys, and ten different sounds. It is touch sensitive, what they call 'graded soft touch' a little bit like a 'real' piano, costs around £300:

www.yamahamusiclondon.com/NP-32-Piaggero-Slimline-Home-Keyboard/pidSNP32BUK

More expensive are the P-series, portable pianos, around £450 :

www.yamahamusiclondon.com/Digital-Pianos/Portable-Digital-Pianos/P-Series-Portable-Pianos/

And most expensive are the Clavinova ranges, at over £1000, but as your child has only just started I assume you won't go that high!

Most instruments can be bought on-line, but there will be delivery charges then. There are also on-line videos of many of the models.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: