Talk

Advanced search

How to use SpeedShifter app on iPad if accompaniment is on a CD?

(3 Posts)
elevenclips Wed 04-Oct-17 19:19:26

Not very good with tech unfortunately! Could anyone enlighten me...

My dc has an exam piece and I have the piano accompaniment on a CD. It's way too fast for him to play along with. I downloaded the SpeedShifter app onto my iPad but I don't know how to actually use it. Do I need to get the music from the CD onto my iPad somehow and if so, how confused

Thank You smile

Malbecfan Fri 06-Oct-17 21:03:45

Never used speedshifter so I can't help with that, sorry.

However, I used Audacity which is free to download and use (I installed it on my laptop). There are lots of YouTube videos and help forums for it, but it is really easy to use.

Basically, I load the CD into iTunes, convert it to WAV (easy on iTunes) then open Audacity and copy the audio in there. There are loads of things Audacity will then do including slowing the tempo without changing the pitch. It will also transpose accompaniments up or down without changing the tempo. You then export out the finished product either back into iTunes (give it a different name though!) or I just shove them on the desktop.

I am most definitely no IT expert and it took a bit of fiddling about to be able to do what I can now do. There is loads of help out there, so go for it. If you need anything more, just shout.

andantecantabile Fri 06-Oct-17 21:06:28

I've also been caught out by this! Unfortunately the only way could do it buy purchasing the track again from the iTunes Store and downloading it direct to my iPad. If you have a computer you could download SpeedShifter to that and then play it through the cd drive.

I did try emailing myself the track and opening it on my iPad but that didn't work either sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now