Talk

Advanced search

Armpit fudge

(12 Posts)
WitchDancer Tue 16-May-17 08:01:22

Morning all. I'm pretty new to scouting and was at a leader meeting last night. Like a muppet I mentioned armpit fudge, which I had read about here, and the beaver and cub leaders have asked me to organise and run that activity tonight.

Obviously I have the recipe and instructions to do it but am a little concerned about how much of the ingredients to buy - how much does 1/2 cup sugar equal for example. I'm buying for about 40 kids in total so any help would be gratefully received!

Also any tips would be great, i.e. should we double bag them to avoid accidents on squashing the bags?

Thank you!

OrangePeels Tue 16-May-17 08:15:01

Half a cup is roughly 2oz according to this recipe:

Ingredients: (single serve version)
•2 oz. icing sugar (1/2 cup)
•1 Tbsp butter
•2 tsp cream cheese
•dash of vanilla essence
•2 tsp cocoa

WitchDancer Tue 16-May-17 08:22:12

Brilliant, thanks Orange

Seeline Tue 16-May-17 08:23:49

Can't help with quantities I'm afraid, but definitely double bag. DD did it at guides, and whilst I know guides are probably bigger, I can imagine beavers and cubs might get a bit more enthusiastic wink

Don't give them too much if they are doing it individually - it takes quite a lot of effort!

WitchDancer Tue 16-May-17 08:44:29

Enthusiasm is definitely not an issue, thank you Seeline

WitchDancer Tue 16-May-17 21:32:07

I can report that it went down really well - the kids loved it and it tasted well lush!

UnmentionedElephantDildo Wed 17-May-17 11:00:45

Seen the recipe here, I can guess roughly what needs to be done, but was wondering if someone would be kind and post the instructions (plus any further useful tips)

elQuintoConyo Wed 17-May-17 11:03:47

Good god whoever named it Armpit Fudge?
envy <-- puke face!

That said, i might try it with ds this weekend.

AlbusPercival Wed 17-May-17 11:05:28

Because you make it by mushing it in your armpit?

elQuintoConyo Wed 17-May-17 11:28:00

Can Brownies get a badge for that? grin

UnmentionedElephantDildo Wed 17-May-17 11:56:57

I assume it's mushing in armpit, in a (double) plastic bag.

I wanted to know if there were any particular moves that were effective, or if one has to experiment.

Seeline Wed 17-May-17 12:08:20

Glad it went well witch !

In reality, you end up mushing the ingredients in a (double) freezer bag because shoving it under your armpit and moving your arm up and down/side to side without it falling out is really hard work grin It does taste lovely though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now