Talk

Advanced search

Northern star acting (teens)

(7 Posts)
emochild Sun 16-Apr-17 07:04:26

My 13 year old wants to find an acting class -no ambition to be on TV but really enjoys the straight acting that they do in drama class rather than the musicals they do as school productions

Auditions for northern star have popped up on her Facebook -but I'm struggling to find any info (or prices)

Does anyone know anything about them?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 16-Apr-17 07:13:36

Yes , DD went for a while when she was younger. They are very good I believe , have a lot of children go on to take parts in various things from the Empire to TV. A lot of children attend - it was in the old Church High but not sure now.
They were very serious though and were insistent that kids turned up every week . DD was 3 and we got a snotty text after being away one weekend !

emochild Sun 16-Apr-17 07:53:24

Can you remember roughly how much you were paying?

I can't find any prices on their website why do they do that???

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 16-Apr-17 08:28:48

I can't remember at all , I know it wasn't really expensive but DD was just in the toddler group .
There's also a Pauline Quirke academy somewhere , there was an AA sign giving directions so I guess it's fairly new .
(I'm assuming you are NE based!)

emochild Sun 16-Apr-17 08:31:35

West yorks -there are a few around the country I think

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 16-Apr-17 09:17:18

Ah right ! Half of what I'm saying make no sense to you then grin

emochild Sun 16-Apr-17 09:25:59

Just the old church high bit grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now