Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Piano Teacher required in London

(9 Posts)
Frogusha Tue 21-Mar-17 14:57:00

Can anybody recommend the best web-site to look up professional teachers, not just students who don't necessarily know how to teach? I need someone who can be quite strict and is a no pushover, yet is flexible, knows different strategies of switching primary age children's attention, has a plan for teaching, not just whatever I suggest. Anybody with the experience of the Russian method would be preferred. I'd be hugely grateful for any personal recommendations.

purplegreen99 Wed 22-Mar-17 12:50:03

You could try www.epta-uk.org/FindaTeacher but the best way would be personal recommendation - ask around at school, in a local music shop or ask teachers and parents from your local music hub.

drummersmum Wed 22-Mar-17 14:43:22

Ask here, lots of people with good teachers:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/extra_curricular_activities/2866823-March-Music-Thread

sanam2010 Wed 22-Mar-17 21:49:30

just look at the Russian music school in Marylebone or the Tchaikovsky music school in Notting Hill.

Frogusha Thu 23-Mar-17 09:15:10

Thank you all! Good idea purplegreen - we are in Guildhall kindergarten programme, will ask around there. Drummersmum - that thread is tremendously long, 700 pages! I flipped through 5 and got tired. sanam do you have any experience of the school inMarylebone? The one in Kensington is a bit far for us. The Russian music school seems all good but I'm not keen on Sunday lessons - meaning not a single free day entire week, not very good for family outings as we are in Guildhall on Saturdays. I don't think my daughter is likely to get a place in the actual Guildhall Junior in Y2 so eventually Saturdays will be free though...

drummersmum Thu 23-Mar-17 11:28:09

Yes frogusha terribly long, but you don't need to read it at all to drop in and post your question, I swear wink

sanam2010 Thu 23-Mar-17 21:30:11

Frogusha, I don't have personal experience myself but I do know a couple of pianists who send their own children there for training and speak highly of it, so I imagine it can't be bad!

BIGMOMMASHANANAI Wed 29-Mar-17 20:33:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

user1490982476 Fri 31-Mar-17 19:01:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now