Talk

Advanced search

Where should I buy a 19 string harp from?

(4 Posts)
user1485045889 Sun 22-Jan-17 00:56:19

I would really like to learn a 19 string harp, but i dont know where i should be looking to purchase one from, is ebay any good, EMS, gears for music?
I dont live near any harp shops or teachers so the internet is my only option to buy from.
Please could someone give me some advice on where to buy a 19 string harp from, also my budget is no more than £200 (i know i wont be able to get much for that price but i would like something for a beginner)
Thank you smile

user1485045889 Sun 22-Jan-17 00:59:15

what about this harp?
www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_rb_19w_celtic_lever_harp.htm?glp=1&gclid=COnV-tvF1NECFRXjGwodSXsJaA

celtiethree Wed 25-Jan-17 21:26:34

Hi, can I ask why only 19 strings. I can't recommend and any harps for your budget but can definitely say I would avoid eBay. Have you thought about renting? As a first step I would contact the Clarsach Society which would be a good place to start on working out how you can learn to play. www.clarsachsociety.co.uk/about-us/branches

HighMountain Mon 13-Feb-17 08:38:04

Clarsach is very expensive iirc. Work out how many months rental would equal buying one outright and then wait and save?
19 strings is very small. I think you will get fustrated quickly. Saving up for a larger one would be preferable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now