Chorister Places(7 Posts)
A while ago I wrote asking for advice for my son who has ASD and wanted to be a chorister. I got some really good advice about cathedrals to try from other mums here on Mumsnet, which I have been following up on. Thank you so much to all that replied and helped me.
Now, 3 months down the line, I just wanted to up-date everyone with the good news that he has had firm offers from 3 cathedrals, and provisional (passed voice trial but would need to pass school assessment) offers from 4 others. We have had a very exhausting, but wonderful time, visiting the cathedrals and schools, and have met some absolutely lovely people. My son has loved every minute of it, and it has made him even more sure that this is what he wants. Visiting lots of different places has also given me a better idea of which would suit him, and reassured me that he is making the right decision. Thank you to all of you for your help and encouragement at a rather low time, without which we wouldn't have got where we are today.💐
Thank you for the update nellitza. I hope he has a wonderful time as a Chorister. DS has an amazing 4.5 years. Good luck
this is fantastic and I'm interested at you looking at several as i guess they often involve boarding due to the hours and time needed?
I would love it if ever you could PM any thoughts on different schools as ds is at a cathedral school and I hadn't considered looking beyond that one if indeed DS wants and is able to be a chorister . (The head suggested it just as an idea as DS was having fun on the piano and is quite precocious particularly with music but I'm worried about the level of commitment it brings a child unless it's motivated by them as sounds so nice for you nelitza! I would be excited to be in your shoes as think for DS it may just end up as something he enjoys in a smaller way but I guess that could change too
Message withdrawn at poster's request.
Christmas is just the best bit of the Chorister Year.
Yes, that's the place I'm in right now - trying to decide between options! But it's a good place to be in. He is very sure which one he wants (Christchurch), and they have offered him a place, but I am tempted to wait another month or so, until he finishes the process at Kings and St Johns, where he has got through the initial voice trial, just because the travel there would be much better for me. I'm not sure how long I can keep the first one waiting while I decide though. Does anyone have any advice?
I have told myself that I can put off a decision until next week, and then I really must reply to Christchurch's offer, as they have been so kind and good to him.
Many thanks again
Hooray, hooray. Well done to you both. List your options or pm me and I will chuck in my opinion. Thus time next year you will be very busy. Xx
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.