Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Drama groups/clubs for teens - London?

(4 Posts)
KittyStark Tue 08-Nov-16 12:16:42

Hi all,

Could anyone recommend any drama activities for secondary school age in London? Preferably North London. I am looking for something nice that could help develop confidence and just generally be fun.

Thanks so much for any ideas!

EvilTwins Sat 12-Nov-16 20:31:15

As a school drama teacher, I always aim to recommend independent drama groups or those linked to reputable theatres rather than the PQA/Stagecoach type. I know some are run really well, but others seem (to me) to be money making machines.

If I was in North London (used to teach in Islington), I'd go for this one without a doubt.

Dancergirl Wed 14-Dec-16 21:18:07

My dd goes to New London Performing Arts Centre in Muswell Hill (NLPAC). It's fantastic. They have various classes on Saturdays and after school and they can pick and choose what they want to do. She prefers straight drama rather than Musical Theatre so is doing classes in Improvisation, Youth Drama and a LAMDA class leading to exams.

4bouncingofthewalls Thu 29-Dec-16 19:31:47

http://katharineschlesingerdrama.com

I'd go to Katherine she's lovely a retired actor she's been in Doctor Who, Anne Frank series for the BBC loads of other stuff and played at the Globe Theatre. Settled down years ago when she had her son and has been teaching for years. My daughter had her from the age of 2-15 when she had to quit for GCSE's.

She's based in Highgate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now