Talk

Advanced search

Heel taps - for tiny footed shoes!

(12 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Fri 09-Sep-16 18:43:38

I know it's quiet in here - but hopefully someone can help me out.

DD1 has tiny feet for her age (gets it from her dad) and while most kids in her dancing are hitting size 10/11 or so shoes - she's only just gone into a size 7. Trouble is that the shoes in that size don't come with heel taps fitted, while her dance class stipulates they need heel taps for this coming year - and my brain is hurting trying to figure out which ones I need to buy!

Can any of the experienced dance mums point me in the direction of somewhere I can order the buggers for infant size 7 shoes - think it's a rare problem to have as dance teacher looked amazed when I mentioned it as an issue!

LIZS Fri 09-Sep-16 18:48:13

Dance direct?

onecrazycook Fri 09-Sep-16 18:50:30

Hi! I used to be a dance teacher. Shouldn't be too much of a problem and I'd suggest just getting the horseshoe type heel taps for your little one for starters. Any Dancewear supplies store should have these, but if you don't have one close by, try Dancewear direct online. Avoid teletone Taps for now as a lot of exam boards don't allow them in early grades

RapidlyOscillating Fri 09-Sep-16 18:53:44

Aren't heel taps often retrofitted on to shoes? I suspect that you could get them added to a little shoe with a decent heel.

onecrazycook Fri 09-Sep-16 18:56:09

Some brands of shoe have them fitted already but only from size 10 and up normally.

MiaowTheCat Fri 09-Sep-16 18:56:21

Yeah I'm going to have to get the taps and fit them ourselves as she's waaaaay below the standard point they start to come on shoes with! Can't have her having less potential to make the building shake than the other kids in the class (and we know utter noise making potential is the absolute priority when you're little - along with twirling around in your skirt and yanking your leotard out of your arse crack constantly).

Will look for the horseshoe type ones then - thanks!

onecrazycook Fri 09-Sep-16 18:57:22

They gave them on eBay etc super cheap. 1 1/2 inch should do the trick xx

dodobookends Fri 09-Sep-16 20:05:19

If you take the shoes, taps and screws into a shoemenders like Timpsons (other cobblers are available) they will attach them for you.

Measure the width of the heel before you order, and there should be horseshoe ones in that width. They should come with the right size screws. If there is a dancewear shop near you it might be better to take the shoes in and then they can make sure the taps are the right size.

BikeRunSki Fri 09-Sep-16 20:10:21

About 1 Million years ago, my mum got my taps from, and had them fitted by, a cobbler.

dancinfeet Sun 11-Sep-16 12:00:40

Hi, I am a dance teacher and I would recommend the Bloch Timestep tap shoes from Dance Direct as they have toe and heel teletone taps fitted as standard, and start from a child size 7. www.dancedirect.com/uk/product/bloch-low-heel-tap-shoes

AllTheShoes Wed 14-Sep-16 20:05:54

I was just going to recommend the Bloch ones, too. Though they come up fairly wide (which is ideal for dd1) so you might need to try them on if your daughter has narrow feet.

Socksey Thu 15-Sep-16 15:26:40

I got some on Amazon... just screw into the heel... works fine...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now