Drawing tutor

(5 Posts)
Itsneverlate Tue 30-Aug-16 16:27:02

Can anybody, please, recommend a professional drawing tutor or a course for a 13 years old student in Kingston /Twickenham area. Thank you

Greenleave Tue 30-Aug-16 20:55:38

I am very interested too, I was looking for one although havent found any. I am surprised that there isnt anything

irvineoneohone Wed 31-Aug-16 09:43:29

I was very interested as well, I had drawing tutor as a child. But being at rural location means it's impossible to find one for my ds.
We use books and online courses.

Greenleave Wed 31-Aug-16 12:34:08

Irvine: I used to have a tutor who came to us for few months however it wasnt on drawing, technique, its more of crafting, having fun and making arts. It became too expensive for us paying for the nanny and an extra person who is working on Arts with her as an extra so we stopped. We had few lessons where she were brought to a drawing lessons however it was stopped as the teacher couldnt do it anymore as there wasnt enough students. She is still doddling as one of her hobby for now, I hope it will last until she goes to secondary where she could travel on her own and take courses where else

irvineoneohone Thu 01-Sep-16 09:45:45

Sorry to derail, OP.

Green, I got some drawing text/instruction books, lots of sketch books, colouring pencils/crayons, water colours, etc. and let my ds get on.
He was learning how to draw human/ insects/flowers/transport/animals etc from books when he was younger and now has his own style. I would love for him to learn it properly from professional, but since he is still in primary, that's enough for now.
He used to go to craft class, but seems like it's not his thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now