DS(7) wants to dance

(4 Posts)
DancingMum001 Thu 30-Jun-16 15:32:27

Hi,
First post here and everyone seems so helpful so I thought I'd ask.
My DS has asked to do ballet and so I'm looking for a suitable class in the north Cardiff / Pontypridd / Caerphilly area on a Saturday.
Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations?
Thanks

dodobookends Thu 30-Jun-16 19:52:40

Search online and make a few phone calls - the one to go for would be a school with at least one other boy around his age and in the same dance class, ideally a school with several boys.

It might also be better to avoid dance schools local to you or to his academic school, as sometimes boys are teased for doing ballet (sad I know but it still happens) and he might find it easier at a dance school where he isn't known.

To find a school you could try searching on the websites of the RAD and ISTD, two of the major bodies which teachers could be registered with - I think you can search for registered teachers by location.

nonicknameseemsavailable Fri 01-Jul-16 22:28:21

some dance schools I gather manage to have enough boys to do a boys only session so worth looking at a few in case there is one of these. Our school only has 7 boys I think in total from 4-18 and a few round us don't have any but some have more.

DoorbellsSleighbellsSchnitzel Fri 01-Jul-16 22:35:05

My DD goes here and I'm sure they were starting up a boys ballet class - might be worth a call?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now