Talk

Advanced search

If your DC are at the NYO

(6 Posts)
drummersmum Sun 24-Apr-16 14:51:51

Could you please give me an idea of the time commitment NYO requires? It would be very useful to know for example the exact dates of the residencies and concerts this year which are not available on the website. I know they're bound to change every year but it would give us an idea... Thank you!

drummersmum Mon 25-Apr-16 19:36:23

Bump smile

Icouldbeknitting Tue 26-Apr-16 10:14:20

It looks like you will have to contact them and ask. It's not at all unreasonable to determine the level of commitment required before deciding to audition because you could end up wasting your time and theirs.

QueenJuggler Tue 26-Apr-16 10:35:21

I was in NYO many years ago. Unless lots has changed - its a HUGE commitment. Time practising, residencies which can change date at relatively short notice, same with concerts - and its 100% frowned on to not put these things before family holidays and other events.

But i loved it and am still friends with people I met there.

drummersmum Tue 26-Apr-16 11:17:24

Thanks both

hertsandessex Mon 13-Mar-17 18:38:36

I was talking to a parent of somebody in the current orchestra and she was saying it is a huge commitment travelling all over the country. It is not just the main orchestra rehearsals and performances but all the extras such as having to join the Inspire sessions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now