Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Brownie Leaders - what would you do with five hundred quid?

(11 Posts)
MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 08-Nov-15 18:44:44

Just that really. If your unit was suddenly given a donation of £500 out of the blue, what would you spend it on that all girls and leaders would enjoy?
We have a healthy bank account, so don't "need" the money, and can afford to be frivolous.

butmumineedit Sun 08-Nov-15 18:45:51

Trip to local panto or a Pgl day out

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 08-Nov-15 18:50:07

We've already booked for local gang show in Dec, so probably not panto this year. Maybe sth in the theatre after Christmas though.
And we did a PGL weekend in September. confused

I don't suppose we'd have to spend it straight away - can wait for a suitable opportunity to present itself.

AlbusPercival Mon 09-Nov-15 12:24:04

Wow! Very lucky!

New flag perhaps? Ours must pre-date even me and the girsl can't identify with it, but could never justify spending the money on it.

Or buying a load of pack holiday uniform to lend out in future?

Or a stock of aprons for messy crafts?

yeOldeTrout Mon 09-Nov-15 12:41:36

What about an outing to an adventure activity centre, the type of place that charges £30-£40/day, but subsidised with this donation to only be £10 /child (or however the money works out).

MrsLeighHalfpenny Mon 09-Nov-15 15:00:30

We bought a new standard a couple of years ago when our unit changed it's name. The new ones are v v expensive, and absolutely cheap crap quality - so don't get a new one unless you absolutely have to.

Pack holiday uniform, aprons etc is quite a good idea - I'll suggest that to the other Leaders.

I like the idea of a day out too - though was thinking of something longer lasting, to benefit future girls as well as current ones.

Thanks for the ideas - keep 'em coming!

onlyif Mon 09-Nov-15 22:46:36

A parachute as the kids love them.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Tue 10-Nov-15 13:44:38

Got one!

We share our hall with 10 other Rainbow, Brownie and Guide units, so have loads of equipment.

You can see my dilemma about what to spend this money on - we are quite well off as Guiding goes in our town.

MrsFionaCharming Sun 15-Nov-15 19:05:03

Oooh virtual Brownie shopping...

Possibly subsidizing a trip to London, including a stay at Pax Lodge, some sight seeing and a trip to see something like Matilda?

An International experience if you're very brave.

Some new tents, or a new mess tent.

Lots of slightly odd equipment you might not have - double boilers for candle making, a badge machine, the boards for giant hungry hippos.

A qualification for you? An archery course, or a survival skills type thing.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 15-Nov-15 20:25:25

Great ideas MrsFiona thank you.
We're thinking of getting the bus to the cinema and thence to Pizza Hut for lunch one Saturday morning.
Trip to Londinium is a good idea - its about 90 mins away, SK not a huge journey. Will look into Pax Lodge.

Groovee Tue 17-Nov-15 15:06:45

I'd say a once off sleepover such as a sea life one or a museum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now