Really easy piano pieces where you cross hands over? Grade 1ish?

(10 Posts)
fuzzpig Sat 07-Nov-15 12:35:04

Bit of an odd question I know! But I think one of my young pupils would enjoy doing this. I googled a bit but the ones I've found are all proper sonatinas etc which would be too much for a beginner.

I would like to build up my collection of beginner books anyway so happy to buy more, and it would be great if anyone knows one that contains a piece where you need to cross hands over for some of it?!

Ferguson Sat 07-Nov-15 19:14:22

I can't find much, except John Thompson: and it shouldn't be too hard to write your own in a similar style:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z2UyZBHp0w

But can't find for Kenneth Baker, nor Fanny Waterman, though I'm sure must some somewhere.

This is a good site, may have something:

www.8notes.com/piano/

These are probably too difficult:

www.sheetmusicwarehouse.co.uk/piano_novelties_sheet_music.htm

www.youngcomposers.com/forum/t32739/left-hand-cross-staff-piano-notation/

And a broad-minded student might like this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T33Co3M-D_8

fuzzpig Sat 07-Nov-15 20:45:12

Thank you. I have in fact started writing my own (I'm writing a compilation) grin

absolutelynotfabulous Sun 08-Nov-15 15:23:12

FWIW Pauline Hall has a piece called Tarantella in Piano Time Pieces 2 which has a left hand crossover on an A minor arpeggio to finish. I'd say grade 0-1.

fuzzpig Sun 08-Nov-15 16:29:40

ooh that's great absolutely I was looking at Piano Time books as possible purchases anyway, so I'll look into that one smile

fuzzpig Sun 08-Nov-15 16:30:16

is it this one please?
www.amazon.co.uk/Piano-Time-Pieces-Pauline-Hall/dp/0193727870/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447000191&sr=8-1&keywords=piano+time+pieces+2

absolutelynotfabulous Mon 09-Nov-15 07:19:44

Yes, that's it. smile

INeedNewShoes Mon 09-Nov-15 07:23:00

There's lots of this in the Dozen a Day books.

I know these books are exercises rather than pieces and they look dated but all my pupils love them!

absolutelynotfabulous Mon 09-Nov-15 07:54:29

Just remembered Bohemian Rhapsody..the bit where he goes Mama, just killed a man...etc. The accompaniment has crossed hands.

fuzzpig Thu 12-Nov-15 09:48:14

Thanks for the suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now