Talk

Advanced search

What to do with 12/13 y o dd during summer holiday?

(11 Posts)
timeandtimeagain Thu 23-Jul-15 23:00:20

Just want to get some ideas really. What do your 12/13 y o do over summer holiday? courses, help charities, visit friends & relatives ? Just mine keeps saying she s bored.

YeOldeTrout Thu 23-Jul-15 23:03:17

Sims3.
Texting friends.
Babysitting siblings.
Has a chance to do an arts festival this weekend but I don't think she'll go.

Earlybird Thu 23-Jul-15 23:19:34

Family holiday
summer camp
reading
staying up late / sleeping late
swimming
computer games
bit of telly
listening to music
seeing friends for cinema, shopping, stop at a cafe, hanging out, etc
choosing recipes she'd like to cook, make shopping list, go shop for items needed, and finally cooking what she's chosen (some with me, some on her own)
lots of boring errands with Mum wink

Try to do one 'fun' thing each day (sometime as simple as going for an ice cream, sometimes more elaborate).

Boredom is part of what makes summer enjoyable.

balletgirlmum Fri 24-Jul-15 13:23:19

Family caravan holiday
Week long dance residential
Lots of time on Instagram & facebook watching episodes of her favourite american TV shows & reading books about vampires
Day shopping with me & overnight stay
3 day ballet resudential

timeandtimeagain Fri 24-Jul-15 13:42:19

I Just bought a ks3 maths book to entertain her but she doesn't want to knowwink.

ErrolTheDragon Fri 24-Jul-15 13:50:34

Being bored at this stage sounds about right, she'll have to think up something to do.

Ask her to do something useful round the house (eg clean and organise some kitchen cupboards) - you will either find she magically becomes less bored, or you'll get a clean cupboard.

taxi4ballet Fri 24-Jul-15 15:52:13

Does her room need decluttering? Maybe she could do that and sell her old stuff at a car boot sale (with your help obviously!) - she can then choose how to spend the money she has earned.

drummersmum Fri 24-Jul-15 23:13:05

Music practice (2-3 hours)
Reading
Meeting friends for sport and screen time.
Board and card games with DH and I
Warhammer
Lego
sleeping and growing!

NetballHoop Fri 24-Jul-15 23:21:15

We've had two of our DC's (12 & 13) off on a 9:30 to 3:00 guitar and drum session this week. They've loved it.

Re-painting her room has kept another busy and the last one seems to have be asleep since GCSEs finished.

Susiesue61 Sat 25-Jul-15 09:14:31

Dd is 13, she's done some housework and helped with her little brother while I'm at work - for money as she wanted some white jeans! She's been out with a friend to buy said jeans.
Sleeping and watching old cricket DVDs!
She has a week and a half of cricket coming up, and a match which will take up a day.
A few days at my sisters helping with the babies, and a week away with us.
This is her last free week coming up, she's got a sleepover and another trip to the cinema planned.
It's been quite easy this year!

theanimatedmuseum Wed 05-Aug-15 13:45:13

Next week 13-16year olds can work with professional animators, using objects from the Jewish Museum's collection and create your own film!
Book on today!!
jewishmuseum.org.uk/whats-on?item=657

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now