Talk

Advanced search

Summer drama courses in London?

(5 Posts)
basildonbond Sun 24-May-15 07:43:45

Can anyone recommend a summer drama course in south or central London for a 12 year old girl?

Dd loves acting but most of the drama schools around here are very oriented towards musical theatre and she's much more interested in straight drama

taxi4ballet Sun 24-May-15 13:46:46

Tring Park School for the Performing Arts have a one-week drama course in the summer holidays, and there is a residential option also. Ages 10-16. If you go onto their website and click on courses the details are there.

basildonbond Mon 25-May-15 09:02:54

Thanks sadly that's the wrong side of London for us and residential isn't an option but the course looks great

downandoutindulwich Mon 25-May-15 13:33:01

I believe Jasspa are offering courses for that age group.

Dancergirl Tue 26-May-15 00:09:18

I think there's a massive shortage of straight drama for children tbh. My dd is also 12, she does do a bit of singing and dancing but she's much better at acting.

Last year she did west end stage summer school. Massively expensive but it was brilliant and she's going again this year. Main focus is on musical theatre though. Sorry not much help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now