Talk

Advanced search

Where to get football boots for a tiny 4 year old...

(10 Posts)
toptomatoes Mon 09-Feb-15 09:36:31

My 4.5 year old wants to start playing football on a Saturday. They said he needs football boots but he is only a 7.5/8 shoe size, he's on the 1st percentile, and football boots seem to start at a size 10. A size 9 would probably be ok with the thick socks but a 10 will drown him. Anyone else had this problem and found any?

Queenofknickers Mon 09-Feb-15 09:37:42

I'm sure I've seen smaller at SportDirect - called "junior" boots or something...

Goneintohibernation Mon 09-Feb-15 09:38:22

Do they really expect them to have proper football boots at 4? That seems a bit bonkers. DS has been playing since he was tiny, and played in normal trainers until this year, when he has started playing in U7's matches.

balletgirlmum Mon 09-Feb-15 09:51:21

Do you know what surface he will be playing on, grass or astro?

I had similar size problems with dd when she started dancing.

toptomatoes Mon 09-Feb-15 18:46:48

Thanks for the replies. Yes, they said boots because it is very muddy, they are playing on grass. I've tried sports direct online but will go in as well when I am in town. Not hopeful though! I hope they will let him play in trainers until he Is big enough for boots.

Trufflethewuffle Tue 10-Feb-15 08:53:15

When DS3 was young we had a similar problem. We managed to get some smaller ones with sort of plastic studs.

I have a vague feeling we may have got them in the US though. Thick socks definitely helped.

Getting decent black school shoes was also a problem at the time!

Minisoksmakehardwork Sun 22-Feb-15 20:09:22

Sports direct definitely do them. Ds1 got size 9 astro turf shoes (stopped him slipping so much in the wet).

middersl Fri 13-Jan-17 23:11:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

smellyboot Fri 27-Jan-17 17:46:23

Try decathlon. They do small ones.

angeldelightedme Sun 05-Feb-17 11:56:03

Foot ball boot sizes seem to come up a lot smaller than normal shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now