Talk

Advanced search

Underwear for older girls dancing!!

(10 Posts)
Susiesue61 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:46:27

Dd is 13 and does ballet and tap. She is quite well developed and wears sports bras as a daily thing, cos she does loads of football and cricket and finds them comfy.
But, she has a dance show in March and tells me her ballet costume has little thin straps. So she needs a bra to wear under it. Can anyone suggest a make that is really supportive, maybe if I could get her one with clear straps?
Thanks!

taxi4ballet Wed 14-Jan-15 09:44:09

What colour is the costume?

Capezio and Bloch make various dance underwear and bras in flesh-colour and they either have clear straps or flesh-coloured ones.

Susiesue61 Thu 15-Jan-15 21:00:45

Thanks, I will have a look. Don't want to spend a fortune!!

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 15-Jan-15 22:43:58

We are asked to supply bras with clear straps for shows.

Susiesue61 Fri 16-Jan-15 18:46:51

Do you get special dance/sports ones or just ordinary?
She needs some support!

LIZS Fri 16-Jan-15 18:49:48

Have a look at dance direct , they do neutral underwear.

KatyMac Fri 16-Jan-15 18:55:02

DD generally wears a clear strapped flesh coloured one (26E, but wears 28DD) under costumes

I have previously removed beige straps & replace with clear ones

Susiesue61 Fri 16-Jan-15 19:36:37

Thank you all! Dance direct have some great stuff, will order her a couple smile

HSMMaCM Sun 18-Jan-15 15:32:12

Same as KatyMac. DD has some with clear straps and some where I have swapped the straps to clear ones. Dance Direct are pretty quick at delivery, so good luck with those ones.

Dancergirl Mon 19-Jan-15 10:05:28

My dd is also 13 and tends to wear a skin coloured leotard under costumes. They provide quite a bit of support if you get a good one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: