Talk

Advanced search

Sing together - which version should I buy?

(5 Posts)
KatyMac Mon 08-Oct-12 18:38:57

Sing together by Appleby & Fowler

DD needs it for singing lessons; is there any advantage to buying the one with the piano score as opposed to the one without

They are the same price on amazon

TIA

purplepenguin86 Mon 08-Oct-12 18:58:25

It depends if she is the type of singer who likes seeing the piano line as well as her melody line. Personally I much prefer full sheet music, but some people don't care. If she ever wanted to use it outside her lesson obviously she would need the full sheet music for another pianist, but it's not the type of book to have audition material etc in, so that is unlikely to be an issue. If they are the same price I would definitely get the one with score though - I can't see any advantage to a melody only copy.

KatyMac Mon 08-Oct-12 20:11:25

Thanks

The teacher said the melody one was cheaper; but I guess it won't confuse her to have both

picturesinthefirelight Mon 08-Oct-12 21:17:41

We've got the piano accomp one but dh is a singing teacher. I have Kent it several times to a family whose dd's sing with the Halle children's chorus as they have to re audition every year and they specify a folk/school type song.

KatyMac Mon 08-Oct-12 22:22:29

Thanks I bought the piano one - at £2.81 I though I could splurge wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now