Advanced search

Easy Piano - Crowd pleasers

(5 Posts)
EverybodyWakeUp Tue 25-Sep-12 11:06:32

Hi everyone. My DS doesn't have a piano tutor at the moment, we're looking for one. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep him motivated with his piano playing but he's a bit fed up with the usual pieces. I'd like to buy him some music with a selection of 'crowd pleasers' (classical, blues, jazz and pop) but I'm not sure where to start. To give you an idea of his level, he'll be doing ABRSM Grade 2 in December. I would appreciate suggestions. Thank you all.

ByTheWay1 Tue 25-Sep-12 11:18:31

PianoWorks Collection music is good (one of the pieces in there is in the 2011 grade 2 exam - and has a couple of good jazzy pieces) - and Chester's easiest Christmas music (for Pre grade 2 and grade2).

My dd just got her Grade2 and finds these enough of a challenge, but easy enough to learn in 2 or 3 weeks...

kitkat1967 Tue 25-Sep-12 13:12:51

My 2 like PianoTime Classics and are grade 1 and grade 2 respectivley.

EverybodyWakeUp Tue 25-Sep-12 14:09:17

Thank you I'll look those up

LorraineSE22 Wed 03-Oct-12 09:09:50

Get Set Jazz has some brilliant pieces that really appeal to my students, particularly the boys. It's Grades 0 - 2 so useful for fun sight-reading preparation for the AB exam.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now