Talk

Advanced search

Easy Piano - Crowd pleasers

(5 Posts)
EverybodyWakeUp Tue 25-Sep-12 11:06:32

Hi everyone. My DS doesn't have a piano tutor at the moment, we're looking for one. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep him motivated with his piano playing but he's a bit fed up with the usual pieces. I'd like to buy him some music with a selection of 'crowd pleasers' (classical, blues, jazz and pop) but I'm not sure where to start. To give you an idea of his level, he'll be doing ABRSM Grade 2 in December. I would appreciate suggestions. Thank you all.

ByTheWay1 Tue 25-Sep-12 11:18:31

PianoWorks Collection music is good (one of the pieces in there is in the 2011 grade 2 exam - and has a couple of good jazzy pieces) - and Chester's easiest Christmas music (for Pre grade 2 and grade2).

My dd just got her Grade2 and finds these enough of a challenge, but easy enough to learn in 2 or 3 weeks...

kitkat1967 Tue 25-Sep-12 13:12:51

My 2 like PianoTime Classics and are grade 1 and grade 2 respectivley.

EverybodyWakeUp Tue 25-Sep-12 14:09:17

Thank you I'll look those up

LorraineSE22 Wed 03-Oct-12 09:09:50

Get Set Jazz has some brilliant pieces that really appeal to my students, particularly the boys. It's Grades 0 - 2 so useful for fun sight-reading preparation for the AB exam.

www.musicroom.com/se/id_no/0705334/details.html?kbid=3726

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now