Talk

Advanced search

You know when activities are balanced, you leave x on time to get to y; then they stuff it all up by changing the time of y completely [angry]

(7 Posts)
KatyMac Tue 18-Oct-11 19:19:28

DD leaves school get home gets changed eats tea & goes to Arts Award

This finishes (well actually she leaves early) and gets to dancing on time

Dancing has moved 45 minutes early so she will have to miss the whole of Arts Award & she loves AA sad

Grrrrr

LittleMissWoodscommaElle Wed 19-Oct-11 09:19:09

I feel your pain. Stagecoach NEVER changes but dance does and this term I even had to point out to her modern & tap teacher that her new class time clashed with dd's ballet class at the same dance school!

I feel like our life is on hold at the moment becasue dd has been offered a place inthe local panto but we havn't got her dates yet. All I know is rehearsals start 5th december panto runs from 15th December to 15th January and the kids do 18 shows.

The other kids have their teams and schedules but dd and one other child were only offered the places last week as they needed 2 more children.

Lancelottie Wed 19-Oct-11 09:27:51

Yup.
This term DD was meant to be at a sports activity on Thurs. So (harrumphing) we moved music lessons to Monday, meaning DS had to miss choir. Don't worry, we said, it's temporary, you can go back next term. Two days beforehand, they decided to postpone the sports till next term.

Meanwhile, we now have a direct clash between DS drama (changed day) and DD Guides (new start time), in two different villages, 8 miles apart. Haven't yet found anyone else doing either trip from here. Bit too dark and ploughed-field-y for either child to cycle solo, either.

Bloody rural life sometimes, mutter, mutter...

KatyMac Wed 19-Oct-11 11:08:18

And of course each course 'leader' thinks theirs is the most important activity

Yes it's bad if you are rural too

Lancelottie Wed 19-Oct-11 11:22:35

oh yes to 'how dare you imply mine is not your top priority'.

I even get that from the bloody dentist. No, ds can't come in on Mondays or Wednesdays. No, not even if that's the only sodding day you have free before the end of the year. Because he's 18 miles away, has GCSE assessed coursework both those days, and you only work 10 till 2, so he'd miss pretty much ALL DAY. No, I don't think I am the one creating difficulties here, thank you.

And breathe.
Actually, reading the above, it's pretty clear I need a different dentist, isn't it?

KatyMac Wed 19-Oct-11 12:39:03

Change dentists!

I know 'mine is the most worthwhile thing in the world doing'

Lancelottie Wed 19-Oct-11 19:41:48

Trouble is, the kid has Aspergers, and it's taken two-three years of careful introductory visits to get him to open his mouth and relax at this dentist (supposedly the special needs team). Then the old one retired, and the new one is brisk, twittery and annoying (and very, very part-time), but still, the heart sinks at the thought of trying somewhere entirely new!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now