Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dress code london palladium?

(7 Posts)
christine34 Tue 12-Jul-11 19:42:18

Hi, can anyone help me, please? My DC (14) is due to go to London Palladium to see a show next week - are smart(ish) jeans and clean, smart trainers acceptable? Thanks.

fascinatingcreature Tue 12-Jul-11 20:02:20

Pretty much anything goes in West end theatres now. Lucky boy - what is he seeing?

elphabadefiesgravity Tue 12-Jul-11 20:47:22

from all accounts the palladium is full of little girls in Dorothy dresses at the moment. I much prefer green myself!!

Seriously there is no dress code. Whatever you feel comfortable in. I like to dress nicely to go to the theatre but occasionally I have turned up on spec in whatever I happen to be wearing at the time.

christine34 Tue 12-Jul-11 21:22:31

Thanks, fascinating - he's going to see Wizard of Oz! smile
Thanks, elpha - jeans and trainers it is then! smile

elphabadefiesgravity Tue 12-Jul-11 21:35:46

Just in case you thought I'd gone a bit crackers Elphaba is the name of a character from Wicked which is the story behind the witches from the Wizard of Oz - and she is green as opposed to Galinda's blondeness

christine34 Tue 12-Jul-11 21:39:13

Not at all, Elphaba! Shows how much I know - calling you Elpha!!!! Thanks again for info., has put my mind at rest. smile

elphabadefiesgravity Tue 12-Jul-11 21:43:22

Well Glinda does call her Elphie in the show.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now