Talk

Advanced search

Guildhall School of Music kindergarten

(3 Posts)
babybarrister Mon 04-Jul-11 13:11:41

any views? anything I should know?!

maggiethecat Fri 08-Jul-11 19:34:53

We just declined place for 4 yo dd because we are moving away from London but had we stayed I would have loved her to go. Older dd did not get in when she was that age as we applied too late but a friend's sons did and they seem to enjoy it immensely. Their older one (8yo) is now on the strings programme and although it is a full on schedule starting early on a Saturday morning (he leaves home earlier than on a week day!) he has a great time. We've hung out with them at the Barbican after classes and it's a nice place, with the restaurant and library to just chill out.

Kindergarten focuses on rhythm work and aural development (Kodaly) which must provide a good foundation for later on.

You have to commit though as they ask you to sign a form essentially to say that you will not miss lessons etc etc..

Is yours going?

babybarrister Wed 13-Jul-11 22:05:00

thanks - yes have signed up DS - was not keen on commitments but I imagine that it will be so wonderful that we would be fools to pass up on it ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now