Talk

Advanced search

Tumbletots - any experience?

(16 Posts)
PeppaPigandGeorge Sun 12-Jun-11 14:27:17

We are thinking of starting tumbletots classes - they do a class for my 3 year old and a 6 month + class for the baby. Has anyone else tried them? Any good??

BelleDameSansMerci Sun 12-Jun-11 14:40:34

I've been taking my DD to Tumble Tots since she was very small. She's now 3.9 and is in the class where there are no parents shock. I've only had positive experiences with TTs. I really believe it has helped my DD's confidence and balance/climbing etc. She loves to go and I really thought she'd have had enough by now. I would really recommend it (even though you may feel a bit of a twit singing the songs, etc).

PeppaPigandGeorge Sun 12-Jun-11 14:55:50

So is the 3+ class no parents? My big one is 3.1.

My older DCs did this about 16/18 years ago. It was fine. Their nanny took them. It was something else to fill the days. Don't think it was particularly useful to their later GCSE/AS/A2 results.

I don't intend to sound patronising, but I think it's another of those things that doesn't matter at all really. If it fits into your schedule then, yes, do it. Otherwise just ignore.

thumbwitch Sun 12-Jun-11 15:13:45

I started DS at Gymbabes when he was 9mo (it's the pre-walking section of Tumbletots) because he wasn't crawling - in fact, he didn't start to crawl until after he could walk but he enjoyed going! And once he was walking successfully he moved up to tumbletots and enjoyed that. But we left the UK when he was 20mo so I have no experience past that age, sorry.

There have been stories on here of very regimented TT classes, but ours wasn't, it was pretty relaxed and all the helpers were lovely.

pirateparty Sun 12-Jun-11 15:17:50

I think it's good for gross motor skills but even if it's not my ds thinks it's good fun, and it's 'something to do'. They also have to follow instructions and wait their turn etc.

I think it is positive overall, and I like having a focus to a morning. You can do free taster sessions to see if your dc like it first; it's not cheap.

PeppaPigandGeorge Sun 12-Jun-11 15:32:35

Thanks for the experiences.

Expat - I didn't think it would get her a 1st in PPE!! Just wondered if it was fun / too franchised / etc

foolserrand Sun 12-Jun-11 15:32:37

My ds is 2.3 and he loves it. He has learnt sharing, turn taking, its helped his balance, confidence and listening and we are working on following instructions. He's been going a year now and will continue to go until he either grows out of it or stops enjoying himself.

BelleDameSansMerci Sun 12-Jun-11 16:01:13

My DD only went into the "no parents" class when she was about 3.4 - she stayed in the earlier one until then. Why not see how it goes with you there and then decide from there. You do stay with them the first time they go into the parent-free class (if you see what I mean).

conrsikl Sun 12-Jun-11 16:03:01

ds2 did it. It was something to do, although a bit rigid in structure I thought. A run around a decent play area is as good for developing motor skills though.

conrsikl Sun 12-Jun-11 16:03:40

ds1 did jo jingles which I preferred

OP, so sorry! Erm, yes, I did think it was a bit franchised - t shirts and hats and all. Also that it really didn't mount to a hill of beans (compared with a good preschool and later experiences).

(No offence meant)

amount, I meant

(am on phone with teeny tiny screen)

PeppaPigandGeorge Sun 12-Jun-11 16:22:07

None taken expat!!

I think we may go and do a trial class.

Earwiggo Sun 12-Jun-11 20:56:46

Go to a trial class and see what you think, I found it too corporate and bossy. On going in I was told my 2yo must sit still for the songs etc at the start but don't worry if he screams. Not my idea of fun at that age!

mummyosaurus Sun 12-Jun-11 21:04:55

My two have always loved tumble tots, gave them loads of confidence and lots of skills as mentioned above. I say give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now