Talk

Advanced search

ds 7yrs loves playing football but too scared to tackle - anyone else's dc like this?

(10 Posts)
brimfull Sun 08-Nov-09 15:45:07

will he grow out of it?

coach says he just needs to experience it a few times and realise he isn't going to hurt himself

my sweet ds has no balls- lol

brimfull Sun 08-Nov-09 18:07:21

i guess he's the only one then?

foxinsocks Sun 08-Nov-09 18:08:40

does he watch football?

can you play with him in the park/garden and get him to tackle you?

brimfull Sun 08-Nov-09 18:10:50

we've tried all that
plays with dh all the time

foxinsocks Sun 08-Nov-09 18:11:14

does he tackle dh?

foxinsocks Sun 08-Nov-09 18:14:25

tbh ggirl, a lot of boys watch sport before they join in fully. I don't know if your ds is that sort of character. I think the coach is right and the best thing is to keep on taking him and as time goes on, you'll probably find he joins in more (if he's enjoying it that is! If he isn't, then that's a different story...)

foxinsocks Sun 08-Nov-09 18:15:50

I mean observe rather than watch iyswim. So he's probably watching everyone else tackling and getting the measure of it first. He hasn't been hurt at school doing it perhaps and it's put him off (or had a leg injury that's making him a bit more hesitant)?

brimfull Sun 08-Nov-09 18:16:47

yes he says he enjoys it
coach says he has good ball skills when he gets the ball but too timid to fight for it
he's been playing for a yr now so we'll carry on if he's still enjoying it-but i think he ma be more suited to cricket grin

brimfull Sun 08-Nov-09 18:17:46

xpost=no, no injury , just cautious personality I think

foxinsocks Sun 08-Nov-09 18:26:38

aaah yes, he will get there in the end I reckon

I wonder if he plays in the playground at school. From what ds tells me (i.e. very little lol), it is a lot more rough in the playground than at practice because it's boys rule iyswim!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now