Talk

Advanced search

runnning in the dark what do you wear?

(12 Posts)
mothersmilk Sun 04-Oct-09 20:13:49

nights are drawing in and this will be my first winter running as i can only really go once kiddies are asleep its generally very dark now i cant seem to find high vis stuff anywere especially as i am very small 5ft 1" and a size 6. anyone have any advice? as im starting to feel a bit uneasy with going out and not being seen
thanks

fishie Sun 04-Oct-09 20:17:37

where are you, pavements, road? what sort of lighting?

i am on pavements during winter and just wear normal winter running clothes, they all hvae bits of reflective stuff as do most shoes. but there are street lights. you could look at cycling shops, they'll have all sorts of things, sashes etc.

mothersmilk Sun 04-Oct-09 20:44:44

i stick to well lit roads on the pavements iv had to change my routes some what though iv tried the sashes no good too big was just wonderind if i should do more than just the little reflective bits in the clothes and shoes themselves not quite sure on running ettiquete

fridayschild Tue 06-Oct-09 13:37:42

Do you want to see or be seen? I think be seen if you are running on well-lit roads.

You can get hi-viz arm bands with lights in them which might fit you. My running club sell them reduced so I don't know where else to look for them I'm afraid.

Or I got some really tiny lights for my bike from Evans Cycles which would also fit onto an IPod arm carrier if you use those - the bike shops sell "legal" lights (ie you must have one of these front and back) and "other" lights - so you can flash up like an Xmas tree.

DrNortherner Fri 09-Oct-09 10:09:09

I wear my normal winter running stuff wit a hi vis gillet and hi vis armbands.

DrNortherner Fri 09-Oct-09 10:13:33

I wear my normal winter running stuff wit a hi vis gillet and hi vis armbands.

OrmIrian Fri 09-Oct-09 10:20:09

Normal stuff and a horrid bright yellow gilet. Look a twat but at least I won't be a dead twat.

DrNortherner Fri 09-Oct-09 10:20:52

I rathe like my hi vis gillet wink

overmydeadbody Fri 09-Oct-09 10:21:04

flourescent yellow reflective running vest and lights strapped to top or arms

OrmIrian Fri 09-Oct-09 10:26:53

Well perhaps you look lovely in yours DrN. I look like a badly wrapped flourescent parcel hmm All things being equal I'd rather be invisible when I look like that wink

Annner Mon 12-Oct-09 21:23:28

I bought this nice hi-viz number online from Sports Direct. Cost me 12 quid and I'm rather fond of it.

Wallace Sun 01-Nov-09 19:38:48

Poster on another thread saying she got a hi-vis running jacket in Primark for £14

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now