Talk

Advanced search

DH:avid cyclist who does not always wear his helmet.........

(5 Posts)
DrNortherner Thu 27-Aug-09 17:01:15

.....and it drives me mad. He insists ds and I wear one, he cycles everyday - performance cycling and sometimes just wears a cap or a beanie.

I've just had a HUGE rant at him about it as he ventures out again, without his helmet.

It makes me so angry

angry

WobblyPig Fri 28-Aug-09 01:20:50

Get him a organ donor card; that may bring him around.

choosyfloosy Fri 28-Aug-09 01:30:47

How's his life insurance? Sky-high I hope. And critical injury insurance too, or at least some massive savings.

i was ambivalent about them until a recent lecture by a neurologist who works with people recovering from head injuries. The one thing we all remembered from the lecture was Helmets Work.

Presumably he gets you and your child to wear them because he loves you. Why does he think you don't love him?

mimsum Fri 28-Aug-09 21:24:50

mine's the same ... apparently the evidence is not at all clear-cut about helmets having much protective effect in most types of accident, but the evidence that compulsory helmet wearing reduces the numbers of people cycling IS very clear. The single most important factor in reducing the numbers of serious head injuries among cyclists is having more people cycling e.g. Holland - large numbers of cyclists on the road, very few of them wear helmets, fewer serious accidents than here

having said all that I'd still rather my dh wore one (in a non-compulsory fashion of course!)

mimsum Fri 28-Aug-09 21:28:30

just found this site - makes very interesting reading

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now