Talk

Advanced search

Need a REALLY hard exercise DVD

(9 Posts)
notyummy Thu 27-Aug-09 12:05:40

Ok, I am already pretty fit. I have exercise DVDs (which I do) and I run. My local gym is rubbish and overpriced, and I have a 3 hour commute 4 days a week, so would rarely get to it anyway. DH works away 4/5 nights a week so I can't regularly exercise outside the home.

I have Billy Blanks Bootcamp Workout, which was recommended to me by someone on here a couple of years ago, and I like that - it is HARDCORE grin

I am looking for some other recommendations for exercise DVDs that really push you, so you have that 'drenched with sweat with trembling limbs' sensation that you get after a hard circuit training session.

TIA

ShowOfHands Thu 27-Aug-09 12:10:05

Have you tried Nell McAndrew's Peak Energy?

notyummy Thu 27-Aug-09 12:17:02

I have Nell McAndrews Maximum Impact and Ultimate Challenge, Ultimate Results, both of which I found ok, but not particularly punishing. Have just looked at some reviews for the Peak Energy one since you mentioned it, and it seems most people seem to think it is tough.

Will def add to the list thanks!

Crazycatlady Sat 29-Aug-09 12:34:07

Ooh try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. You'll need to order it from Amazon US and have a multi-region DVD player but it is the best I have come across for people who are already fit. She is mean, mean, mean and you will SWEAT. Love her.

Crazycatlady Sat 29-Aug-09 12:35:54

Also if you have a garden (doesn't need to be big at all), I also have Jillian Michaels' book Making the Cut which is full of brilliant and very tough circuit training exercises, all of which can be done at home with very basic equipment (i.e. a wall, a swiss ball, one or two dumb bells and a 5-10 metre or so flat area.

theselegswermad Sun 30-Aug-09 05:49:19

Ooh i second Jillians 30 day shred, she is so mean and makes yu work really hard.
Defo great for getting you sweating and hurting the next day...

Colonelcupcake Mon 31-Aug-09 12:28:23

David Kirsch Toatal Body Bootcamp is great

lovechoc Tue 13-Oct-09 13:02:27

Davina McCall's 'High Energy Five'

notyummy Tue 13-Oct-09 13:08:52

I completely missed all this Jillian Michaels stuff - thanks everyone. Have just asked DH if we have a multi region layer as I don't know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now