Talk

Advanced search

Swim goggles antifog recommendations please

(5 Posts)
gallery Wed 26-Aug-09 16:55:55

Hi
I am a sporadic swimmer, just once a week to do minimum training to keep in for sprint triathlon. I own two pairs of goggles, aqua sphere ladies and zoggs. Both annoy me by fogging within 10 mins which means I don't get to do my distance without regular stopping to defog, then I create a leak path by breaking suction and ruin (my admittedly pathetic anyway) rhythm. Please please please recommend me some that stay defogged for longer than 15mins. Off to buy some kaiman ones anyway have seen on amazon but going swimming tonight with usual crap ones.

shonaspurtle Wed 26-Aug-09 16:59:29

Erm, when I swam in a club we were told to spit in them and rub the saliva over the inside of each eye piece.

Minging but did work.

salander Wed 26-Aug-09 17:01:58

Took the words out of my mouth, shona, that is the only thing i have ever found to work. i still swin in a team, have gone through zillions of pairs of goggles and in the end just end up spitting in them. promise you it works.

(btw love your name shona, was addicted to the high life when it was on!)

salander Wed 26-Aug-09 17:02:23

SWIM in a team, can't spell

gallery Wed 26-Aug-09 21:11:08

Thanks ladies, now I know why I have seen people spitting, As a chemist I will now have to be boring and work out what chemical reaction prevents the fog building up. I am already thinking Carbon Monoxide here....Soz, just brain in over drive. Never got swimming as eldest wanted takeaway and I decided sadly, despite no exercise today, needed to put family first(am a mom after all)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now