Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone belong to an L A Fitness club?

(4 Posts)
IlanaK Mon 24-Aug-09 20:30:29

I was in one today for the first time since my son's were having a swimming lesson there. It was really nice - so much nicer than our local leisure centre (which is old victorian and grotty). So I asked about membership. They do an offpeak membership for £40 a month (this is central London). I thought it would be great to take the boys swimming there once a week and maybe go myself at the weekend when dh can look after them. Am I mad to consider it when there is a leisure centre within walking distace?

Pinner35 Thu 03-Sep-09 20:38:03

Not mad to consider it, but I recommend you check the contract thoroughly. Does off-peak definitely include weekends? I had all sorts of problems with LA Fitness when I wanted to terminate my membership, even though I had given more than the required three months notice in writing. I had threats of bailiffs and all sorts. It was resolved eventually but left a very nasty taste.

Corporalcornsilk Thu 03-Sep-09 20:42:39

Will you have to pay extra for the boys to swim? I think LA fitness charge for children above age 3.

IlanaK Thu 03-Sep-09 20:51:34

We joined in the end last week. I went swimming for the first time there today with the boys (all three of them). In the end, I did not get an off peak membership, I got a full one where you can use any club anytime as my husband found out that joining one near his work in teh city was a better deal as there is so much competition in the city, they are desperate to get you to join.

Anyway, it was lovely. No, I do not have to pay for my three children which is what makes it so attractive to swim there. There was almost no-one else in the pool. I can only take the kids from 9:30 - 10:30 in the morning or 3:30-4:30 in the afternoon - but that suits me fine. Weekends are included too.

I plan to swim twice a week by myself and once a week with them. I would never swim in the leisure centre so this is really good.

As to cancelling, you can cancel if you move and there is no longer one near you or if you have a medical reason. Or you just give notice after your 12 month tie in. I am happy with all that.

And the city one was so deperate for my husband to join me that they gave him 10 guest passes which means he can come with us if he wants from time to time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now