Talk

Advanced search

Best running attire for wobbly bottom?

(9 Posts)
Montifer Sun 23-Aug-09 23:26:30

Finding cotton tracky pants a bit hot, should I be going for baggy cropped ones or lycra tights type thing?
Tried TKMaxx today and was very disappointed with their offerings i.e. loads of 'yoga' pants.
Think I would need very long top to cover aforementioned wobbly bottom and fat generous hips / thighs.

Montifer Mon 24-Aug-09 18:46:14

bump / wobble

mooseloose Tue 25-Aug-09 23:07:42

Hi, I have a par of cropped trackie bottoms from m&s which are nice to run in- only cheap about £8 if that.

I also have just bought some Nike (nikefit) cropped running capri legging things. they are the dri fit material that takes sweat away. They are comfy too. They sit nicely on the waist and dont fall down. I also have another pair of nike to the knee ones, and they fit well too.

But I have tried Adidas and found these see thru on the bum (eeeek), and also reebok, but both of these are quite low rise, and so roll down.

I wanted a pair of long cycle shorts, sort of to the knee but not found any. I find shorts ride up !

Montifer Wed 26-Aug-09 11:48:02

Thanks Moose, will try M&S.

I picked up a pair of cropped running tights in Decathlon, they had quite a few different types, all breathable material I think.
Not a great look, but hopefully the running will reduce the wobble over time.

Will check for see through bumness, the wobbles bad enough but transparent wobble - yikes!

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Wed 26-Aug-09 11:50:41

definitely ditch teh cotton. in teh summer i just go in shorts and screw what anyone thinks of my legs. AND i run past a cafe athat all the local mums congregate in.

Montifer Wed 26-Aug-09 11:59:51

I like your style Eleanora, I'm short sighted but don't wear glasses for running, my (definitely short sighted) theory is if I can't see them they can't see me grin

BikeRunSki Wed 26-Aug-09 12:03:44

I'd definitely second the "technical" fabrics. As well as being breathable, they tend to be quite firm and tend to hold stuff together a quite well. I got some technical running tights/capris from M&S about 4 years ago, and have run in them on average about twice a week. I've washed and worn them loads of times and they are still going strong. Plain black, not at all pricey.

notyummy Wed 26-Aug-09 12:05:02

You need running trousers/tights with loads of elestane/lycra to hold in bottom and thighs, and then a reasonable cut t shirt - wearing a HUGE one over the top just makes you look bigger then you are.

have an Asics 3/4 length pair of running leggings that have 21% elastane and they are v effective.

Stay away from the yoga bottoms type, as they will show every jiggle...

BikeRunSki Wed 26-Aug-09 12:20:01

My main sport is cycling, and my favorite website for sports kit is Wiggle. They also do running stuff. After many years of cycling and running I really like the US brand Pearl Izumi. Their stuff looks good and performs well. Some Pearl Izumi ladies runnimg capris in Wiggle sale now Running tights - scroll down, they are on your left. Tops here - Running tops. I tend to wear cycling tops to run is as they have pockets - for key and mobile phone.

This is the best thing I ever bought for running or cycling. Wear it all the time.
gilet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now